We possess expertise in all parts of the product and systems development cycle. Each challenge requires its own unique team. From strategy development to launch, we are able to supply different types of expertise that work together to ensure the right delivery — every time.
We add significant value to any project by successfully motivating project members and leading them towards the established goals and guiding them through the challenges that teams always face.
Leading, motivating and delivering
- Experience of various industries, which helps us get a grasp of your challenges quickly
- Effective ways of creating and handling project plans, resource allocation, time schedules, budgets, risks and deviations
- Maximised output through consistent management of the project towards established PEP goals
- Routines for project reporting and follow-up
- Experience of handling various project models which, alongside our own project management process, gives us everything we need to succeed in helping you with your challenges
Our experienced industrial designers have extensive, in-depth experience of product design. We use our Avalon Innovation Model™ to ensure that the products meet all stakeholder requirements.
Creating the right product for the right user
- Concept development based on AIM™ (Insight & Ideate)
- Trends and developments in the field of design, materials and shape
- Design strategy and development of design guidelines
- Production and manufacturing expertise
- Participating in and supporting individuals and project teams for efficient workflows
- Visualisation – sketches, renderings and prototype development
- Development of design documentation and presentation material
- Facilitating and implementing workshops, presentation of information, etc.
We can help you with various aspects of complex product and system construction. Regardless of whether it’s a consumer product, industrial application or facility, we have the experience required. We create the products of the future by challenging accepted truths and always combining sustainable development and optimum production cost.
From precision mechanics to heavy construction
- Product development, mechanical and machine construction, system design for mechanics, materials selection,manufacturing methods, movement mechanics and prototype development
- Welded and encapsulated construction, additive manufacturing, castings and plastics
- Modelling and creating drawings using CAD and PLM systems
- Testing to ensure function and quality
- Robust design, geometry assurance, DFA, DFM
Electrical design & automation
Our assignment can cover all or parts of the process within the fields of automation and electrical design, among others.
- Surveys and feasibility studies
- Production automation
- PLC programming (Beckhoff, Rockwell, Siemens and others)
- Electrical design (Eplan)
- Vision system
- Machine safety
Calculation & simulation
We apply the laws of physics in order to determine early on whether or not an idea is technically feasible. We perform flow simulations, work with Heat Management for heat exchangers and cooling fins, for example, and apply the technology when analysing wind loads.
From FEA/FEM to thermodynamics
- Static strength analyses, structural mechanics
- Modal analysis, natural frequency analyses, vibrations, fatigue analyses
- Thermal expansion
- Topology optimisation (weight/strength optimisation)
- Movement mechanics, kinematics
- Dynamic and non-linear analyses
- Fluid dynamics/thermal dynamics (CFD: liquids, gases, heat)
Our experienced systems engineers are skilled at handling and coordinating subsystems and components within a complex system spanning several technical areas. The details help us understand the architecture of various systems, thus allowing us to handle the requirements analyses, investigations and specifications involved – everything that’s needed for a successful project.
The art of keeping the technology together
- Requirements collection and system design
- Requirements analyses
- Architecture and systemisation
Technical information management
A system and a construction achieve their full potential only once it is clear how best to use them. We work with proven systems and modern tools. This ensures quality, traceability and efficiency in our deliveries.
We help you achieve your overarching goals through effective communication, and we always strive to optimise the cost of handling your technical documentation and training programmes.
Communicating the technology
- Product configurators
- Information analyses
- User templates and manuals
- Product information
Our experience of iterative projects has given us sound knowledge of how an agile way of working can be applied to everything from pure software projects to multidisciplinary product development assignments. Our experienced scrum masters ensure effective, agile work methodologies and Lean in the projects. Scrum masters assist both product owners and development teams, making them invaluable on any project.
Delivering in an agile world
- Scrum masters
- Product owners
- Agile coaches
By listening actively to the user’s underlying needs, we are able to find out early on in the design process how the users react and use the product, system or service. This enables the creation of user-friendly, effective and appealing solutions at the intersection of software and hardware.
The right experience for the right user
- Verification and Prototyping
- User studies
- Interface design and HMI
- Data-driven UX
Frontend, backend & fullstack
We can help you with everything from advanced systems and integrations to simpler solutions for the web and mobile devices, from needs analysis and development to optimisation and further development following launch.
The user is our starting point
- Broad experience and expertise within analysis, architecture, design, programming and testing
- Development of websites and web applications, e.g. within e-learning
- App development
- Web-related techniques and frameworks
- Version control systems such as GiT/SVN
Our solutions breathe life into your products and our experience allows us to handle a variety of architectures, tough environments and the requirements and challenges associated with connected systems.
With the right to build in
- Customer-adapted solutions based on your specific needs, from analogue electronics to advanced control systems with microprocessors and FPGAs or connection solutions for the Internet of Things.
- Programming in C/C++
- Development using agile methods
- Matlab, Simulink and embedded Linux and real-time operating systems
We can help you construct electronics systems. Our in-depth knowledge of electronics means that we are able to help you identify ways of resolving your problems or bringing your products to life. Our key words are function, quality and producibility.
From power electronics to connected systems
- Design and construction of analogue and digital electronics
- MCU solutions
- Connected systems
- Fitting and EMC
- Schema CAD and layout
- Sensor systems
- End of Life management
- Development of requirements and test specifications
- Simulations and technical audit
Test & verification
Ensuring the right functionality, quality and reliability is key when it comes to making sure that systems and products reach the market at the right time and with the right function. We can help you use your requirements and standards to develop tests, create traceability and automate and document your testing flow.
Testing at the right time
- Test automation
- Test development and analysis
- Test management
- Development of testing methods, frameworks and testing tools
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery CI/CD
- Digital prototypes
We help you identify the tools and models for finding value and solutions that may be hidden in your data. Analysis allows us to identify correlations and patterns that allow us to transform your data into valuable insights and create a basis for better decision-making.
Finding the value in your data
- How frequently will input and output data need to be handled?
- Identifying your data sources
- Assessing how reliable your data is
- Analysing the spread, variation and breadth of the data collected
- Storage definition and structure